Friday 16 March 2012

Spirit of Michael

The Spirit of Michael lives on. Here are a few his words.


7/15/2008
5:54 pm EDT

Once when I was doing a study of what are termed �Health Care Delivery Systems� in a certain region of a southeastern State, . . . my researches were in part conducted at a relatively small hospital, which served various sections of FIVE (5) counties within the defined region.

A nurse was giving me the guided tour, during which she referred to a newly-admitted patient whose symptoms included TACHYCARDIA.


Upon uttering the word �Tachycardia,� . . . the nurse asked :

�Do you know what that is ?�


�Well,� I replied, �I would certainly hope so.�


Being, however, somewhat surprised that she would ask me such a question, I added :

�Tell me, . . . do YOU know what �CRETINISM� is ?�



Immediately thereafter, . . . I laughed, . . . thinking that the exchange of questions was quite humourous.


The nurse, in contrast, did NOT laugh.


At that moment, I recognised an obvious fact :

My own sense of humour did NOT seem to translate well amongst certain of the Statesiders.


~ Campbell Randt

Bless him... 






No comments:

Post a Comment