Tuesday 12 October 2010

Bleak House, Marietta, Cobb County

On Sunday the 30th of December 2008, 12.14, Michael wrote the following:


Although in some regions of the world, I'm still regarded / remembered / 
respected as a scholar / researcher / writer, . . . the REAL IRONY is this :

If, in the middle of the night (or, for that matter, the middle of the day), 
. . . I were bleeding to death, . . . then within a realistic radius of this 
Marietta / Cobb / Georgia outpost amongst the Statesiders, . . . there is NOT 
ONE (1) friend I could call and say, “COME HERE, I NEED YOU !”  

NOT even in a matter of life and death.

On battlefields during shooting wars, the isolation is NOT as severe.

Love always,


 ~ Michael

Michael had been dead for three weeks before anyone found him. With his internet service cut off from the middle of May, he was unable to contact me here in the UK for help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment